Thursday, March 5, 2009

me again

Hey everyone thought you might like to know what is happening in our little world. Short and sweet. We got the big news. I thought I would be ready but I guess it is one of those things you can never be ready for. We got the news at Garth's Dr Apt the 18th that he would start treatment on the 25th. I just sat there and cried. For about 3 or 4 days really. I couldn't even talk about it. Not sure why but I couldn't. After you read all the info they give you, I was very nervous about his first apt. Everything went well, no bad reactions, no allergies, can't say I like IV's any better, when they have to draw the blood back to make sure they are in the vein, I hate that. I didn't pass out or even see stars, so I thought I did very well. They gave him a big dose of benadryl so he slept through part of the treatment. We went in yesterday for his "Nader" sp? Apt and things looked good. This is the day that you are suppose to be at your lowest point after the treatment. We started with the lighter treatment, because of the worry of the one drug and his already very low platelet count and it looks like we guessed right and it is going to work without the danger of having to use the other drug. I will try and explain more detail later and will give the drug names for those of you that like to read about all the details.

I have found I can text and talk about it easier so that is when I got the idea to do a blog. I will try to update and keep everyone informed. As I have always heard mom quote "this to shall pass". It's hard for the kids to hear everyone asking questions so I try not to talk about it in front of them. Everyone is concerned and means well but when you hear it over and over it wears on you. Word hasn't really gotten out yet, but that has been good for me to try and get used to all of this. I'm sure the bald head will be a dead give away, if he loses his hair. Which the changes are not good in his favor for the hair loss.

Sorry for the "time/news" bomb, we have always know it was coming and yet it still seemed to catch me off guard. The prayer in my heart, is that I can learn what I need to learn. I will keep in touch.

-Shauna

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, please know that all of you are in our prayers.

    P.S. Thanks for the details too, Cindy enjoys that, she knows what all of that stuff is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every Great Cowboy has a great CowGirl by his side. It is awesome to see you both working on this life challenge together.
    Stay strong. LES

    ReplyDelete